- Please read these Terms carefully. By continuing to access and use the Website you are deemed to have understood and agreed to them. If you do not agree to them you must refrain from using the Website including the ordering of any of our publications on the Website.
- We reserve the right, at our discretion, to make changes to any part of the Website, the Information or these Terms. Should these Terms be amended, we will publish details of the amendments on the Website. By continuing to use the Website after we have published the notification you agree to be bound by these Terms as amended.
- This Website contains information, text, data, graphics, applications, photographs, illustrations, artwork, names, logos, trademarks and information about us and on the activities and functions we provide (the “Information”).
- The Website and Information is provided “as is” and on an “as available” basis only and we do not guarantee the accuracy, timeliness, completeness, performance or fitness for a particular purpose of the Website or any of the Information. We have tried to ensure that all the Information provided on the Website is correct at the time of publication. However, we do not accept responsibility for any errors, omissions, or inaccurate Information on the Website. Further, we do not warrant that the Website will be uninterrupted or error free or that any defects will be corrected.
- The Website may contain material submitted to us by third parties. Third parties are responsible for ensuring that material submitted for inclusion on this site complies with applicable law. We are not responsible for any error, omission or inaccuracy in the material.
- Although we attempt to ensure that the Information contained in this Website is accurate and up-to-date, we accept no liability for the results of any action taken on the basis of the Information they contain and all implied warranties, including but not limited to the implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non- infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy are excluded from these Terms to the extent that they may be excluded as a matter of law. We do not attempt to exclude any rights you may otherwise have as a consumer that we cannot exclude as a matter of law.
- Whilst we try to ensure that the Website is available 24 hours a day, we will not be liable if for any reason the Website is unavailable at any time or for any period. Access to the Website may be suspended temporarily and without notice in circumstances of system failure, maintenance or repair or for reasons beyond our control.
- Save in respect of death or personal injury resulting from our negligence or fraud, neither we, nor any of our directors, board members, employees or other representatives will be liable for any loss you suffer including, without limitation, indirect or consequential loss, or any damages arising from loss of use, data or profits, whether in contract, tort or otherwise, arising out of or in connection with the use of this Website.
- Website or web pages to which the Website is linked are for information purposes and have not been reviewed by us. To the extent that such website or web pages do not contain information about us, our activities and functions, we accept no responsibility for the content of such website or web pages, nor do we accept responsibility for any losses or penalties incurred as a result of your use of any links or reliance on the content of any website to which our Website is linked.
- When you access a website, through a link from the Website, you accept that it is independent from the Website and that we have no control over the content of the linked third party website. Accordingly a link to a website does not mean that the UKEB endorses or accepts any duty or responsibility for the content, accuracy or the use of the contents of such website. Although we strive to link to third party websites which comply with applicable laws, rules and regulations, the content on this website may change without notice to us. You should take precautions to ensure protection of your privacy as well as to guard against Destructive Features (as described below).
- Notwithstanding the above, the Website may link to the websites of third party service providers which we have engaged to provide specific services to us. We shall make it clear where the third party website is acting on our behalf.
Computer viruses, worms and trojan horses
- Whilst we use reasonable endeavours to protect the Website from computer viruses, worms, Trojan Horses and other such destructive features (the “Destructive Features”), we do not warrant that the Website are free from such Destructive Features and accept no liability for any damage that may result from the transmission of any Destructive Feature via the Website or via any files which are available for you to download from the Website. You are responsible for implementing sufficient procedures and virus checks (including anti-virus and other security checks) to satisfy your particular requirements for the accuracy of data input and output.
- You are responsible for ensuring that your computer system meets all relevant technical specifications necessary to use the Website or any service made available through it and that it is compatible with the Website.
Intellectual property rights and reproduction
- Except as is otherwise indicated on the Website or in these Terms, we and/or our licensors own the copyright in all the Information featured on the Website and all related intellectual property rights, including but not limited to all database rights, design rights, patents, unregistered and registered trademarks and logos. You should not infer any affiliation, sponsorship or endorsement from the use of third party marks on the Website, as such marks are used solely to designate certain products or services as belonging to their owners. Nothing on the Website is intended to grant, by implication or otherwise, any licence or right under any patent, trademark or other intellectual property owned by us or any licensor or third party.
- You are permitted to download, print, store temporarily, retrieve and display Information from the Website on a computer screen, print individual pages on paper (but not photocopy them) and store such pages in electronic form on disk (but not on any server or other storage device connected to the network) for your personal use or for internal use within your organisation.
- You are not otherwise permitted (except where we have given you express permission to do so or you are permitted to do so by law) to adapt, modify, copy, reproduce, republish, disassemble, decompile, reverse engineer, create derivative works from, download, post, broadcast or transmit in any other way any of the Information on the Website. In cases where you are granted permission (and unless we specify otherwise) you must:
- ensure that you are using the most up-to-date version of any source document;
- not alter the text so as to change the meaning;
- credit the UKEB as author; and
- provide a link to the Website wherever possible.
Your further use of the Website
- You further agree not to use any Information on the Website except to the extent necessary to enable you to use the Website and the services provided through them.
- You shall use the Website only for lawful purposes and in a way that does not infringe the rights of, restrict or inhibit anyone else’s use and enjoyment of the Website. Prohibited behaviour includes harassing or causing distress or inconvenience to any person, transmitting obscene or offensive content or disrupting the normal flow of dialogue on the Website.
- You shall not use the Website for any immoral or illegal purpose. In particular you agree that you will not in any way damage, disable or impair the operation of the Website, or attempt to gain unauthorised access to the Website or to network connected to them, by hacking, spoofing or other such similar means.
- You acknowledge and agree that we may disclose User Content and your personal information if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such preservation or disclosure is reasonably necessary to: (a) comply with legal process; (b) enforce these Terms; or (c) protect the rights, property, or personal safety of the UKEB, its staff members and the public.
- To the extent permitted by law, you indemnify and hold us and any of our officers, employees or agents harmless from and against all and any expenses, losses, liabilities, damages, costs or expenses incurred or suffered and any claims or legal proceedings which are brought or threatened, in each case arising from your use of, or conduct on, the Website and/or any breach of these Terms.
Data protection and our Website Privacy Statement
- We may require basic information which identifies you as an individual, such as your name and email address, in order to provide you with information or publications which you have requested. We will only use such personal information for the purposes of providing information which you have requested or for other related purposes as set out in our Website Privacy Statement.
Requests for permission, complaints or queries
In the event that you would like to request permission to reproduce UKEB published content or if you have any complaints or queries concerning our Website, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by post at the UK Endorsement Board, 1 Victoria Street, London, SW1H 0ET.
If these Terms or any part of them should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable under the laws of any state or country in which these Terms are intended to be effective, then to the extent that they are so illegal, invalid or unenforceable, they shall in that state or country be treated as severed and deleted from these Terms. The remaining Terms shall survive and remain in full force and effect and continue to be binding and enforceable in that state or country.
Events beyond our control
We will not be responsible for any breach of these Terms caused by circumstances beyond our reasonable control, including without limitation acts of god, war, terrorism or technical difficulties.
Certain files of Information may be available for download from the Website. These files of Information are subject to these Terms.
Except for in the case of fraud, these Terms constitute the entire agreement between you and us in relation to the subject matter.
These Terms are subject to English law and to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
Consultation Responses Policy
The UKEB’s policy is to publish on its website all responses to formal consultations issued by the UKEB unless the respondent explicitly requests otherwise. A standard confidentiality statement in an e-mail message will not be regarded as a request for non-disclosure. If you do not wish your signature to be published please provide UKEB with an unsigned version of your submission. The UKEB prefer to publish responses that do not include a personal signature. Other than the name of the organisation/individual responding, information contained in the “Your Details” document will not be published. The UKEB does not edit personal information (such as telephone numbers, postal or e-mail addresses) from any other document submitted; therefore, only information that you wish to be published should be submitted in such responses.